1. Reminder: Club Annual General Meeting, and Presentation on Wetlands, This Thursday, March 19, 7:00 pm, The Exploration Place
Note: The most important part of the AGM will be the election (or appointment) of Directors. Please consider letting your name stand. Directorship is in fact so rewarding that all the existing directors wish to stand again — except that two are moving away from Prince George, so we have at least two vacancies, and additional directors would further strengthen the Club. Directors meet once a month, on the second Wednesday, for a 90-minute meeting. The Club Directors organizing the 2016 BC Nature Fall General Meeting would also love to hear from anyone willing to help out with the organization of that event, which should see 200 naturalists coming to our City.
- 6:45: Membership signup (for new members and those not yet renewed)
- 7:00: Annual General Meeting
- 7:30: Presentation by Gina Layte Liston, Associate Director, Public Works, City of Prince George: The Value of Urban Wetlands
2. Visit to the Vanderhoof Sturgeon Conservation Centre, Sunday, March 22, 9:00 AM departure
All welcome. Meet under the big Spruceland Shopping Centre sign for carpooling (contribution to gas costs: $10), and preferably bring a lunch. We’ll first head to the Conservation Centre, where we’ll be given a guided tour by Wayne Salewski. Heather Meier will then lead a loop tour of the Vanderhoof area to see the huge number of migratory birds now passing through: 450 Trumpeter Swans were seen yesterday in just one field!
3. Travelling World Community Film Festival
The two films sponsored by the club are:
- All the Time in the World, 7:00 pm, Friday March 27, Two Rivers Gallery
- DamNation, 8:35 pm, Saturday March 28, St Michael’s Hall, 1505 Fifth Avenue