1. PGNC Annual General Meeting, Thursday, March 17, The Exploration Place
- 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Membership renewal and registration.
- 7:00 p.m. Annual General Meeting, including election of Directors, motion to include a new student membership category, and BC Nature 2016 Fall General Meeting information session.
- 8:00 p.m. Guest Speaker: Dr Brian Menounos presentation on Glaciers in Western Canada: how we measure their health and what’s in store for them with projected climate change.
2. Presentation by John Neville, 7:00 pm Thursday, April 21, The Exploration Place
3. Field trip: Spring Owling
Jack Bowling will be leading an owling trip – watch this space for where and when.
1. Birdhouse Auction at the Home Show to Benefit PGNC Project
We’re very pleased to announce that the Club’s Hudson’s Bay Wetland Project is to receive the proceeds of the silent birdhouse auction at the Canadian Home Builders’ Northern BC Home & Garden Show, April 22 – 24, 2016.
2. Interested in Being a PGNC Director?
For the AGM, consider serving as a Director. Bring your skills and talents to a short monthly meeting to help foster awareness, appreciation and understanding of our natural environment.
3. Membership Renewals
If you’ve not done so yet, you can renew or take out a membership to the Club at the AGM, by mail or by Paypal online: see https://pgnc.wordpress.com/membership/ .
4. Prince George Travelling World Community Film Festival
The Club is sponsoring The Fisherman’s Son on Thursday, March 17th at the Bob Harkins Branch of the PG Public Library. At 12:05 p.m, the film is ĀINA, at 12:30 p.m it is The Fisherman’s Son. Admission is $5 day pass at the door.
5. Cats and Birds
Nature Canada is launching a national three-year campaign with the goal of saving the lives of birds and improving cat welfare. See http://catsandbirds.ca/ .